Ryan A. Cook
Attorney at Law Associate
Ryan is a seasoned litigator with experience across a wide range of complex business and intellectual property matters. He has been the lead associate on matters involving billion-dollar products. An excellent strategist, Ryan knows how to help his clients achieve their goals. Clients especially appreciate Ryan’s ability to break down complex legal issues, provide them with clear decision points, and advise on possible outcomes.
Ryan has significant experience litigating patent disputes, especially pharmaceutical (Hatch-Waxman) and biotechnology cases. He has also litigated trademark, copyright, and contract disputes and has assisted with antitrust matters. Ryan has advocated for his clients before the U.S. Department of Justice, the U.S. Bureau of Consumer Protection, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, the U.S. International Trade Commission, and several state attorneys general.
Ryan’s practice covers the area where technology and multimedia converge. Prior to law school, Ryan developed video game software for well-known American and Japanese video game companies. Ryan’s games have appeared on Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony platforms.
Ryan serves as a volunteer member of the board of the Coffin-Siris Syndrome (CSS) Foundation, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation. The CSS Foundation promotes awareness and research for this rare genetic condition and assists families affected by CSS. To learn more about CSS or to donate to the Foundation, please visit www.coffinsiris.org.
When not advocating for his clients or volunteering, Ryan enjoys spending time with his wife and three children.
- J.D., honors, University of Connecticut School of Law
- B.S., magna cum laude, University of Utah
- Complex and IP Litigation
- Pharmaceutical Litigation
- Biotechnology Litigation
- Antitrust Matters
- Medical Devices
- Patent Infringement
- Trademark Infringement
- Trade Dress Infringement
- Copyright Infringement
- Misappropriation of Trade Secrets
- Consumer Product Protection
Professional Admissions & Associations
- Connecticut State Bar
- Utah State Bar
- United States District Court for the District of Connecticut
- Certain Residential Premises Security Monitoring & Automation Control Panels & Components Thereof, Inv. No. 337-TA-1273
- Streamline Automation, LLC v. ICON Health & Fitness, Inc., No. 1:20-cv-01560-CFC (D. Del.)
- WEX Health, Inc. v. Benefit Administrative Services International Corporation, No. 3:20-cv-01653 (D. Conn.)
- Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals Inc. v. Mankind Pharma Ltd., No. 1:18-cv-01689 (D. Del.)
- Disney Enterprises, Inc. v. Redbox Automated Retail, LLC, No. 2:17-cv-08655 (C.D. Cal.)
- Eli Lilly & Co. v. Teva Pharmaceuticals USA Inc., No. 1:16-cv-01169 (E.D. Va.)
- Pernix Ireland Pain DAC v. Alvogen Malta Operations Ltd., No. 1:16-cv-00139 (D. Del.)
- Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals Inc. v. HEC Pharm Co., Ltd., No. 3:15-cv-05982 (D.N.J.)
- Alliance of Artists and Recording Companies, Inc. v. General Motors LLC, No. 1:14-cv-01271 (D.D.C.)
- Globus Medical Inc. v. DePuy Synthes Products LLC, No. 1:13-cv-00854-LPS (D. Del.)
- Duchesnay Inc. v. Actavis Inc., No. 1:14-cv-00912 (D. Del.)
News and Articles