Attorney at Law Associate
Attorney at Law Associate
Robert Stewart is a highly regarded litigator who focuses on intellectual property and business lawsuits. Individuals and businesses turn to Mr. Stewart to handle their complex and bet-the-company lawsuits, including those involving trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets, patents, contract breaches, and business torts.
Mr. Stewart aggressively and thoughtfully represents his clients at the trial court level, where Mr. Stewart is lauded for his ability to persuade juries and communicate with judges. Additionally, Mr. Stewart has extensive experience handling critical depositions and discovery requests for his clients.
Before joining Maschoff Brennan, Mr. Stewart was a judicial law clerk for two years for U.S. District Court Judge Anthony W. Ishii in the Eastern District of California. Mr. Stewart earned his J.D. from the University of Nevada-Las Vegas, where Mr. Stewart was on the law review and earned multiple CALI Awards for the highest grade in the class. Mr. Stewart earned his B.A. in English from Brigham Young University.
- J.D., UNLV William S. Boyd School of Law
- B.A., Brigham Young University
Professional Admissions & Associations
- California State Bar
- Nevada State Bar
- the multibillion-dollar shareholder litigation involving Wynn Resorts, Steven Wynn, Elaine Wynn, and Kazuo Okada;
- the multimillion-dollar breach-of-contract litigation involving an attempted modification of a multi-beneficiary deed of trust for a Las Vegas Strip property;
- the trademark infringement litigation between two prominent competitor companies in Las Vegas;
- the multimillion-dollar CityCenter / Harmon Tower (luxury Las Vegas Strip properties) construction defect litigation, which was one of the largest construction defect lawsuits ever in the United States;t
- the fraud and unfair competition litigation against a multibillion-dollar resort company in Las Vegas;
- the breach-of-contract and shareholder litigation between a celebrity start-up company and its investors;
- the litigation between the City of Mesquite, Nevada and Clark County School District (fifth largest in nation) over the school district’s distribution and accounting of state education funds;
- the constitutional litigation over Nevada’s Education Savings Account Program;
- the multimillion-dollar 42 U.S.C. § 1983 litigation brought by a high-profile land developer against the City of Las Vegas and certain members of the Las Vegas City Council for alleged violations of 14th Amendment Due Process and Equal Protection;
- the administrative RFP bid protest between multiple competitor companies for a multimillion-dollar City of Las Vegas government contract for IT equipment and services;
- the administrative RFP bid protest between multiple competitor companies for a multimillion-dollar State of Nevada government contract for healthcare staffing and services.
News and Articles