Attorney at Law Associate
Alexis assists clients with complex and intellectual property litigation needs including patent, trademark, and copyright infringements along with trade secret misappropriation cases. She has also represented clients in arbitration and before the International Trade Commission to both enforce and defend their intellectual property before the Commission.
While in law school, Alexis served as the Executive Managing Editor for the Utah Law Review, and as a judicial intern in the District of Utah. She was also a BioLaw fellow for two years at the S.J. Quinney College of Law, co-writing and publishing a paper in the Oxford Journal of Law and the Biosciences. Alexis also received the highest grade in her Trademark law, Intellectual Property Seminar, and Judicial Process courses along with the most outstanding performance award in Copyright Law. She also participated in the Giles S. Rich Moot Court Competition, receiving an award for best oralist from the University of Utah.
During her undergraduate studies, Alexis was a Division I swimmer, winning two Western Athletic Conferences and named All American National Strength & Conditioning Association Athlete of the Year. Alexis graduated magna cum laude with a criminology and criminal justice degree along with double minors in biology and English.
Outside of the office, Alexis is interested in fitness, focusing on Olympic lifting, skiing, running, swimming, and overall health and nutrition.
- J.D., High Honors, S.J. Quinney College of Law, University of Utah
- B.S., magna cum laude, Northern Arizona University, Criminology and Criminal Justice
- Minors in Biology and English
- Complex and IP Litigation
- Actions before the International Trade Commission
- Patent Infringement
- Trademark Infringement
- Trade Dress Infringement
- Copyright Infringement
- Misappropriation of Trade Secrets
- Contract Related Issues
Professional Admissions & Associations
- Utah State Bar
- United States District Court for the District of Utah
Publications, Speaking Engagements & Presentations
- “Navigating Copyright Law in the World of Social Media,” Utah Business Magazine Webinar (September 23, 2020).
- “Copyright: What Is It Good For? And How Do I Keep My Copyright House In Order?,” Utah Business Magazine Webinar (March 2020)
- “Protecting Essential Information About Genetic Variants As Trade Secrets: A Problem for Public Policy?,” Oxford Journal of Law and the Biosciences, Isz004, (May 2019)
News and Articles