Maschoff Brennan is a growing intellectual property and complex litigation law firm with Utah offices in Park City and Salt Lake City and in Southern California. We are seeking a Patent Prosecution Legal Assistant to join us in our Orange County office to work with our patent prosecution team. We are looking for a self-starter who is organized and highly detail oriented. Areas of responsibility for this position include:
- Prepare and file domestic and foreign patent applications.
- Collaborate with attorneys and patent agents to ensure timely submission of applications, responses to Office Actions and issue fee payments, both domestic and foreign.
- Prepare correspondence to clients and foreign associates.
- Perform general administrative tasks including generating reports and maintaining files.
The ideal candidate must have 2-3 years previous law firm experience working as a legal assistant in patent prosecution. A high school diploma is required, college coursework is preferred. Required knowledge, skills and abilities for this position are as follows:
- Working knowledge of various aspects of patent prosecution including U.S. patents, PCT and foreign patents.
- Knowledge of both domestic and foreign patent applications.
- Proficiency in various software applications including MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
We offer a competitive wage and benefits package including an attractive 401(k) plan along with medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance in a very friendly, business-casual environment. To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Olivia at firstname.lastname@example.org.