Maschoff Brennan is a growing intellectual property and complex litigation law firm with Utah offices in Park City and Salt Lake City and in Southern California in Irvine and Los Angeles. We are seeking a Litigation Paralegal to join us in our downtown Salt Lake City office. Areas of responsibility for this position include:
- Organizes documents and coordinates document production; categorizes documents by subject matter and sets up and maintains files
- Creates and maintains production databases and runs searches on internal and external databases and systems; conducts factual research as needed
- Inputs discovery materials into commercial review software; interfaces with e-discovery vendors
- Prepares for depositions; gathers and prepares documents relevant to deponent; organizes exhibits, prepares transcripts to summarize highlights of proceedings
- Assists in the preparation of motion filings by gathering relevant documents, proofreading papers and organizing exhibits and indices
- Prepares and electronically files court submissions and documents; creates, binds and distributes copies; organizes briefs, exhibits and appendices
- Organizes exhibits, files and other supporting documents for upcoming trials; coordinates trial set-up and logistics; assists attorneys in the courtroom by taking notes, handling exhibits, and marking documents referred to by counsel
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Successful candidates will have an in-depth knowledge of litigation rules and procedure, ability to professionally handle confidential information, adhering to legal and ethical policies and have a high level of accuracy.
The minimum requirements for this position are a high school education plus five years of litigation-specific office experience OR a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional office experience plus two years of litigation-specific office experience OR CLA or CP certification plus three years of litigation-specific office experience.
We offer a competitive wage and benefits package including an attractive 401(k) plan along with medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance for full-time employees in a very friendly, business-casual environment. To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Olivia at firstname.lastname@example.org.