James’ practice focuses on patent preparation and prosecution. He began his career as an electrical engineer working with a range of technologies, which prepared him to assist clients with their patent needs. Prior to joining Maschoff Brennan, James worked for defense contractors for seven years developing networking software for UAVs and sonar algorithms for U.S. NAVY submarines.
While earning his Master’s degree in electrical and computer engineering, James worked simulating and managing aspects of the western electrical power grid, developing medical imaging devices and simulating UAV navigation.
Outside work, James enjoys spending time with his wife and children; including: hiking, camping and traveling.
- J.D., High Honors, S.J. Quinney College of Law, University of Utah, 2017
- M.S., Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Utah, 2007
- B.S., Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Utah, 2007
- Patent Preparation and Prosecution
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Algorithm Development
- Digital Signal Processing
- SONAR & RADAR
- Computer Systems and Software Systems
- Computer Networking
- Wireless Communications
- Automated Software Testing
Professional Admissions & Associations
- Utah State Bar
- United States Patent and Trademark Office