Maschoff Brennan is a growing intellectual property and technology law firm with Utah offices in Park City (Kimball Junction) and Salt Lake City as well as in Los Angeles and Irvine, California. We are seeking a full-time Marketing and Business Development Director located in our Utah offices. This position may be required to travel regularly between the Park City (Kimball Junction) and downtown SLC offices, as well as travel to our California offices.
We offer a competitive wage and benefits package including an attractive 401(k) plan (including company match) along with medical, dental, vision, life, short-term and long-term disability insurance in a friendly, casual work environment. To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Olivia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement marketing and business development strategies. Includes creating, presenting and executing a master business development and marketing plan.
- Identify, develop and cultivate strategic relationships with clients, organizations, corporate contacts, etc.
- Work with attorneys to create individual business development plans based on practice goals and opportunities. Assist with RFP’s, RFI’s, pitch requests, etc.
- Identify business development opportunities and connect attorneys to applicable opportunities.
- Coordinate efforts across the firm, including offices in multiple states, to ensure cohesive marketing and business development activities.
- Manage the marketing department including staff management, overseeing a budget, developing departmental goals, etc.
- Represent the firm at key events.
- Create and maintain strategic databases including a CRM and attorney skills inventory database.
- Coordinate the creation and production of marketing materials in collaboration with external vendors as necessary. Includes press releases, print ads and other advertising and collateral.
- Oversee the firm’s website content and social networking sites and publish relevant news articles, blog entries, upcoming events, etc.
- Manage firm public relations verbally, in writing and through social media platforms to existing and potential clients, colleagues, recruitment candidates and the public.
- Assist attorneys and staff with preparation of presentation materials to ensure consistent branding throughout the firm.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated ability to prepare all elements of firm development materials including a marketing plan, graphics, etc.
- Ability to travel to up to 25% required.
- Ability to work extended hours leading up to key events required.
- Ability to work effectively with key stakeholders, both internally and externally, required.
- Strong proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite and Power Point required.
- Fluency in leading social media platforms required.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills as well as advanced ability to proofread and edit documents required.
- Ability to work under time constraints in a demanding environment required.
- Ability to professionally handle confidential information, adhering to legal and ethical policies required.
- Ability to work independently and manage time and action plans for completing tasks for one or more attorneys in a fast-paced environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
The minimum requirements for this position are a bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration or related field plus 5-8 years of related professional business development and/or marketing experience. Experience managing a team of staff required. Experience working in a law firm strongly preferred.