Maschoff Brennan is a growing intellectual property and complex litigation law firm with Utah offices in Park City and Salt Lake City and in Irvine, California, Seattle, WA and Dallas, TX. We are seeking a full-time Human Resources Assistant to join us in our downtown Salt Lake City office. The incumbent will assist with HR processes including recruitment and hiring, payroll and compensation, benefits, performance management, records maintenance, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Coordinate semi-monthly payroll including approving time sheets, entering information into the payroll system, providing first verification of payroll processing, etc.
• Assist with the recruitment and hiring process which may include creating job descriptions, posting open positions, conducting initial interviews, completing reference inquiries and background checks, etc.
• Maintain HR files including physical and electronic files, metrics information and benchmarking data. Enter information into various systems including ADP Workforce Now and EVerify.
• Assist with benefits including the annual open enrollment process. Serve as the first point of contact for employee benefits questions.
• Coordinate performance evaluation process. Notify supervisors of evaluation due dates, prepare evaluation templates and compile evaluation summaries.
• Assist Director with special projects as requested.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Working knowledge of human resource policies and procedures required.
• Knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations required.
• Working knowledge of ADP Workforce Now preferred.
• Ability of professionally handle highly confidential information, adhering to legal and ethical policies, required.
• Ability to plan, organize and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment required.
• Ability to travel to Park City (Kimball Junction) office 2 times per month, required.
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
• 1-2 years directly related HR experience required.
• Experience working with a professional services firm preferred.
We offer a competitive wage and benefits package including an attractive 401(k) plan along with medical, dental, vision, life and long term disability insurance in a very friendly, business-casual environment. To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Bethany at firstname.lastname@example.org.